This project is read-only.

Immediate Efforts After 0.0.2 [Beta] Release

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:01 AM
With the DKP accounting support in place, there's a few things we can do for the next release.

Spruce up the user interface... things like mouseover stuff for item stats, etc.
Add user interfaces... things like a Player Summary, Item History, etc.
Add more analysis... percentage of rains attended since join date, percentage of raids attended over some moving time window, etc.

I'll just sorta work on stuff till I hear some solid suggestions.
Feb 8, 2008 at 5:55 AM
I've started work on implementing something similar to itemstats for eqDKP. It's about 98% done and much cleaner.
Feb 8, 2008 at 8:01 PM
Using an approach similar to eqDKP, item stats are now displayed when you mouse over items in the item list.

I dogfood development stuff on my site. You can see it here: http://theseventhseal.sytes.net.
Feb 25, 2008 at 5:04 PM
Hola!

I was poking in the code, and noticed you're using Overlib - how do you like using it? I've been trying the ASP.NET AJAX User Control library, and find it lacking in a few areas.

This looks a lot more elegant, and a lot less server-side-processing-heavy.
Feb 27, 2008 at 5:27 AM
Overlib seems to be working really well for what I need.
Feb 27, 2008 at 6:15 PM
One other question on this - does Overlib still work out okay if you have multiple DKP modules on the same DNN page?
Feb 27, 2008 at 7:51 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2008 at 7:54 PM
Yes, I tested this today.

I'm going to be uploading new code this evening which has some interesting enchancements for datagrid styling. I found there is a way to style ever cell, even the header cells, individually, so you can do mouseover and mouseout for header cells.

In fact, the code approach is so much easier to understand that I completely removed all datagrid styling from the ascx pages.
Feb 28, 2008 at 10:07 PM
I hope you don't mind, but I built upon your OverLib implementation and WowHead CSS files to implement the mouse over for the roster code (you can see my guild's webpage to see it in action). I must say - I am not a fan of CSS -- very very painful if it isn't JUST so.

Believe it or not, moving away from the AJAX User Control Toolkit sped up the performance quite a bit...as well as it got rid of the scrollbar visual bug.

And, I'm not sure if it matters to you, but I am adding in the JS reference to the ScriptManager object in the PAGE_LOAD event via code - which means I let DNN make sure it isn't loaded more than once (thereby preventing collisions with other modules - both mine and others).
Feb 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2008 at 10:13 PM
One last suggestion for the day. You can use the ResolveUrl() method to get to those CSS files without worring about if they have a parent or child DNN portal set up.

For example, I implemented a lookup to your CSS files in my ASCX file as such:
<link rel="stylesheet" href='<%= ResolveUrl("~/DesktopModules/DNW-WoWGuildRoster/wowhead.css") %>' type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href='<%= ResolveUrl("~/DesktopModules/DNW-WoWGuildRoster/wowhead_ie6.css") %>' type="text/css" />
Feb 28, 2008 at 11:43 PM

CSimpkins wrote:
One last suggestion for the day. You can use the ResolveUrl() method to get to those CSS files without worring about if they have a parent or child DNN portal set up.

For example, I implemented a lookup to your CSS files in my ASCX file as such:
<link rel="stylesheet" href='<%= ResolveUrl("~/DesktopModules/DNW-WoWGuildRoster/wowhead.css") %>' type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href='<%= ResolveUrl("~/DesktopModules/DNW-WoWGuildRoster/wowhead_ie6.css") %>' type="text/css" />

The reason I was using the hard-code approach was because Intellisense doesn't pick up on the CssClass names using ResolveUrl. I'm wondering what can be done to find a happy solution to both.