This project is read-only.

The Tools section

Mar 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2008 at 4:33 PM
As more people start to use the module, I'm sure people will come up with different ways of interacting with the DKP data. For this reason, I've added a Tools section.

The first tool I've made available is something I call the Random Calculator. This calculator is for a specific type of loot distribution using DKP where any player with a positive DKP balance is allowed to partake in the roll of an item. One roll is made per item, and the roll is made from 1 to a number which represents the sum of the saved DKP of all interested players. The range from 1 to this number is then divided into sections, with each interested player owning a range of numbers. If the number rolled falls in their range, they win the item.

The Random Calculator's interface lets you quickly checkmark the players interested in the item. Once all are checked, you click the Calculate button. A string will then be printed as output which lists the players and their ranges. This can be copy/pasted quickly from web to game.

Have other neat tool ideas? Let me know.
Mar 17, 2008 at 4:55 PM
I check this tool. Some suggestion: can you implement some filtering? Our guild have 150+ members it hard to quick look for member when all on screen. Also order must be not alphabetical, I believe it must be call order so IMHO best you can do filter all members with levels less than 70 (or maybe some other filters), check box replace to add button, add means insert into form edit box (also can be done manually) (for example, comma separated values) in choosen order. It will be nice also to have quick search drop down list with autocomplete on member names while typing. When such string with player names will be formed, it used by input for random calculator. I think it add a lot of usability for calculator.
Mar 19, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Could you tell me your website so I can see the behavior on this large dataset?
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Salaza wrote:
Could you tell me your website so I can see the behavior on this large dataset?

Sure, we try to build our guild web-site on http://www.hagakure.su, hope our native language (Russian) didt scare you :) You have to register before can view DKP. You surely welcome If you have some suggestion about site.