Localization

Mar 14, 2008 at 3:37 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2008 at 3:38 PM
I want back to Localization problem. I digg a bit and found there are many useful information in DNN Docs about it. Just check DotNetNuke Localization.pdf to prepare your code for localization. For now your code isnt prepared.

Some quick quotes:

Three Types of Translations
  • Application Resources – These are the translations that are shared throughout many controls within DNN. For instance, to localize the words “True” and “False”, you would store the translations in the Application Resource files. Other things you might localize here are “Yes” and “No”, “On” and “Off”, “Submit”, “Continue”, “Next”, etc.

• Local Resources – These are the resources that are unique to a particular piece of functionality. For instance, to provide translations for the Announcements module, you would store its translations in a Local Resource location. However if the Announcements module has a static text element of “True” or “False”, there is no need to translate those in the Local Resources because it is handled already in the Application Resources. Local Resources are directly related to a User Control or Page.

• Global Resources – These are resources that are accessed from components that cannot be handled by Local Resources, and are not necessarily shared translations, therefore they do not fit in the categories above. Since all Local Resources are tied directly to a User Control or Page, components have no place to store their translations, therefore we have created a third category for these resources.
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 3:52 PM
There's certainly many things that the code isn't prepared for, such as multiple portal support, etc.

As I've been working on the latest release, I ran across some tips on Localization, etc. I think at some point I might try to add support, but for now, it's a distant release.
Mar 17, 2008 at 4:14 PM
Let me know (update this) or just create new discussion / issue when you prepare some code for localization
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:45 PM
There's certainly some other things that need to be addressed before Localization.
Mar 20, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Salaza wrote:
There's certainly some other things that need to be addressed before Localization.

Surely, I just ask to let me know