This project is read-only.

Samples

Mar 14, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Hello,

It's nice to see that someone is putting effort into a DNN module for dkp.
Do u have examples like screenshots or even a working site somewhere?

I'm wondering if it is working with the dkp export for EQDKP or hense the same tables..

Too bad that DNN (and this module) is writen in VB and i'm a C# professional :(

Did u use any new tactics like Linq?

Greetings,
Raymond de Jong
Mar 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Edited Mar 14, 2008 at 8:29 PM
I have a site, but I'm currently reskinning it, so the module looks a little ugly... aight, a lot ugly...

Perhaps someone who is currently using the module would be kind enough to post a link to it for you.

No screenshots atm.

It most likely is not working with the dkp export for EQDKP, or has the same table structure. Fundamentally the database servers are different (EQDKP uses MySQL I believe), so there's going to be differences. I think the biggest difference is that EQDKP employes the application logic layer for enforcing database logic, which I see as a fundamental design flaw. The database for this project is scripted with the triggers and procedures required to maintain database logic at the appropriate layer.

If you know C#, VB isn't that hard to pick up. It's just more verbose really. I did it, so I'm sure you can. :)

LINQ is not in use... considering we're still runnning in the 2.0 framework. If DNN implements 3.5, then I'll look at LINQ.

AJAX is also not in use.

Thanks for your comments. :)