WoW 2.4 Patch, Addons, and Integration

Coordinator
Mar 14, 2008 at 7:35 PM
I've been hesitant to spend much time supporting any particular addons considering the recent addon problems with 2.0, 2.1, and 2.3. If I see that 2.4 has stabilized, I might consider coding some suport for a few commonly used Raid Addons.

If you have an addon that you would like to support, post it here. I'll probably start with the CT_RaidTracker addon that supports the guildlaunch.com website, as I think that module will be supported for some time to come. I believe it's currently at version 1.5, maybe 1.5.2. Not sure.

The purpose of this support would be to make raid rosters and raid loot accounting easier. It won't be a complete solution, but like the Player Sync, it will help in most scenarios.
Mar 17, 2008 at 4:09 PM
CTRaidTracker or maybe NRT is nice choice. Maybe you implement it support now dont waiting for 2.4 patch? CTRaidTracker didnt changed almost 1 year, all patches goes thru it, output format didnt changed (XML) so you can surely rely on it.. At least you can prepare your code for any kind of import, implement different XML attributes if format will change a bit is not hard.
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2008 at 4:55 PM
I just got my latest character to 70, so I should have more time to look into this.

I'll start with CT_RaidTracker and use a LUA file reading approach.
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Nice, waiting for new releases.