Upcoming release link.

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Edited Jan 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM
http://www.codeplex.com/DotNetNukeDKP/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=21600

It's not very easy to find planned releases. Thought I'd put a link here.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 6:01 AM
I'm expecting this release to hit early next week.

I can't say for sure that the player sync interface will be in place, but I do think the new Instance, Mob, and Item sync options will be in place. There will also be significant database changes as well.

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 10:44 PM
I wanted to briefly explain something before this release.

From a management perspective, there are some things that can be done automatically, and there are some things that must be done manually.

When it comes to Player syncing, while we could do that automatically, I think it's best to display a digest of suggested changes garnished automatically, and then have the user manually approve the suggested changes.

When it comes to Mob and Loot table syncing, this can be done entirely automatically. WowHead caters well to this.

When it comes to loading Instances, that could, maybe be done automatically, but in the sake of keeping good relations with WowHead, that must be done manually. Once the Instance is made, it's mobs and drops can be synced automatically.

Lastly, WowHead's take on Instances is to combine heroics and non-heroics into the same WowHeadID. In the DKP system, it's best if these instances are created as two separate instances. This brings up a question of syncing. To make sure that heroic mobs and heroic drops are only available from heroic instances, a qualifying flag can be check marked for said instances.

In this way, when we sync with WowHead, we will know the appropriate loot table and mob listings to use.

As far as Sanity checks are conserned, at the moemnt, there are none. I may add some at a latter date to ensure that if you create an instance Naxxramus with a WowHeadID, then the ID really does correspond to Naxxramus on WowHead.
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM
You know how sometimes when you're tieing your shoes you get that anxious feeling... like you just can't tie them fast enough?

I think you guys are really going to like this release. The database syncing routines are really, really slick. An entire instance like Naxxaramus is up and running in a matter of seconds, fully populated with mobs, items, and drop tables.

I think this addition alone is enough to release. I also don't want to put too many things into a release, as that will just make it harder to track down problems.

I just need to finish up some stuff related to items and drops, then we'll be good to go. 
Feb 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Sounds really great!!
Can't wait!!

After a raid yesterday where some ppl messed totally up i had to give them some minus dkp, but i couldn't figure out a way to do it.
I could make a raid with a boss called "Major Failure" and the value for that "mob" would be -20 dkp, but the problem is that they will get attendance for that.

So have you thought about making some way to hand out minus dkp??
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2009 at 7:21 PM
Well, let's look at some of the givens and then go from there.

The first given is that we want to catter first to the more frequent use-case than the less frequent. It is hopefully more often that you don't deduct DKP than you do.

The second given is that the accounting system greatly benefits from a lesser degree of complication possed by a raid-valued, roster-earned approach.

At this point, something that I see we could do is to do the following:

If you want to deduct DKP from players, you would need to create a mob that could be "raided" at a negative DKP value. I would also suggest that since you may have several maintenance type efforts to do things like DKP depreciation, I would make an Instance called "Maintenance" and would list all of these types of Mobs as belonging to that Instance.

The only thing that would be need to be fixed is the attendance issue. I think the easiest way to do this would be to add a flag to mobs that would let you check the flag if that mob should not be counted as attendance. I had thought about doing it at the raid level (which is the easiest SQL wise), but then that means that we'd be cattering to the less frequent use-case and I don't like that.

So long story short...

You make an Instance and series of Mobs with positive or negative DKP for maintenance purposes.
Create raids for these mobs when you need with rosters.
If you have selected "Do not count for raid attendance" when making the mob, that raid wil not be counted towards attendance.

How does this sound?
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2009 at 7:34 PM
I'll be releasing a small update here in a day or so to address this.

The first fix will be the addition of a Heroic Flag to Mobs to allow mob syncing.

The second will be the addition of Attendance Flags to Raids and Mobs. The Mob's value will be used as a default, while the Raid value will allow the Mob's value to be overridden when needed.
Feb 5, 2009 at 9:06 PM
You make an Instance and series of Mobs with positive or negative DKP for maintenance purposes.
Create raids for these mobs when you need with rosters.
If you have selected "Do not count for raid attendance" when making the mob, that raid wil not be counted towards attendance.

How does this sound?

This sounds rly great, atm i'm deducting dkp manually in the database so anyway to do this would be great!