A question about Attendance.

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:24 PM
I would like to know how the Attendance is calculated?

As I see it atm. the attendance is calculated by Lifetime raids.

It should calculate a members attendance from when he joins.
So if a member joins eg. February 1. It should calculate the attendance on all the raids from that date to now.

Hope you understand what i mean :)
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Attendance is calculated for only the last 30 days. Few, if any systems, care about lifetime for practical reasons.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Heu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I would like to know how the Attendance is calculated?

As I see it atm. the attendance is calculated by Lifetime raids.

It should calculate a members attendance from when he joins.
So if a member joins eg. February 1. It should calculate the attendance on all the raids from that date to now.

Hope you understand what i mean :)
Feb 17, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Yeah, but I still think 30 days is too much.
If a player just joined he will have a hard time to keep up his attendance.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:03 PM
Attendance for people joining an established raid history will for now appear incorrect for the first 30 days they are in the system. There is a way to fix this but the query complexity increases dramatically since you'll need to calculate total possible raids per player's join date or 30 days from current, whichever is earlier.

Unfortunately, I am not able to make a release to address this since dev is in the process of adding 4 different features.

I'll see what I can do.

On Feb 17, 2009, at 11:38 AM, Heu <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Yeah, but I still think 30 days is too much.
If a player just joined he will have a hard time to keep up his attendance.
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:56 PM
No need to rush, just keep it in mind ;)
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM
I believe I have a fix for this, but wow, working through the query was a struggle...

Here's the deal though...

It's possible to screw things up with attendance. The most common screw up will probably be adding a player to a roster for a raid that occurred before the player's join date. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in the database to protect against this.

Anyways, I've added the necessary SQL to the 1.4 release. It'll be a forced update in 1.5.
Feb 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM
Oh oohh I ran the SQL and the attendance is really showing some weird values now.

www.nium.dk
test
asdasd34
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 5:47 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Looks like it's not calculating the percentage correctly or something. The number of raids attended /the number of eligble raids seems to be correct though. It will vary by people's start dates.

Figures... I selected the same column twice in th eupdated query... I've fixed this. Run the v2 version now.

Also, did you fix your cookie settings as I suggested in a different thread?
Feb 24, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Attendance is calculated correct now thx :)

The cookies works perfectly now. I have no idea why nobody were able to help me with that on the DNN forums :P

Thx a lot :)
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 7:26 PM
There still appears to be some weirdness on your data set though. I'm looking at people with higher than 100% raid attendance, and it appears to be happening on people that have a join date = to roster entrees with raid dates on the same day.

For example: Traked is 16/7 with a 228 % raid attendance. That player's join date is 2-18-2009, and the missing eligible raids are all on the same day.

I think the problem here is stemming from either the boundary being exclusive in the SQL (using "greater than" instead of "greater than or equal to") or the query is considering the time of daye component of the date field.

Could you check the following:

What is the date and time of Traked's join date value?

What is the date and time of the raids Traked attended on 2-18-09?

It might be the raids are in the morning of 2-18-09 and his/her joined date is in the afternoon. I won't know what to suggest for a fix till I know.
Feb 24, 2009 at 8:23 PM
All raids i add has the time 00:00:00
Simply because it's faster to just write 2-18-2009

His join date is 2-18-2009 20:50:16

So i gues it's only set to greater than and not greater than or equal to.
Coordinator
Feb 24, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 9:09 PM
Actually, it's working correctly then.

When you put a time for 00:00:00 in for these raids, they're basically occurring at midnight of the previous day. If his joined time is some time later in the next day, then they won't appear as eligible raids.

Here is the larger issue. In some systems, raids are not based on kills, but rather time. At each interval of time, attendance is taken and people earn credit, usually for effort. If the interval is hourly, in a given night, there may be 4 or 5 effort based rosters with several other rosters for kills.

These systems require that we track time of day, as a raid at 2-28-2009 8:00:00 PM is very different from a raid at 2-28-2009 9:00:00 PM. I'd be very surprised if your RaidTracker didn't record down to the time of day as well. If we somehow ignore time of day to adjust for systems like yours, their systems will completely fall apart.

Furthermore, we can't go just on a day only approach, as some guilds raid over the midnight mark, so some raids would appear eligible and some might not depending on if they were past midnight or not. Either that, or they would just have to manually force the raid date to be before midnight for raids that actually occurred after midnight, and this would be a major pain... eventually.

So what to do...

This is what I suggest... check your RaidTracker mod to see if it exports a time of day for raids. If it does, eventually we'll get the appropriate time from the export when we beef up the Raid panel. If it does not, then on a case by case basis, you may need to modify the player's join date so that it jives with the raids they've attended. The burden of this effort should be very small, and I'd leave it up to the players to bring this to your attention. Once an appropriate Join date is specified, that player should be okay for the life of the DKP system.

You can also head this off yourself by sorting your Player grid by Attendance and fixing any values over 100%.

I wish I had a better solution, but unfortunately, it's your choice to ignore time of day, and I can't support that.
Feb 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM
I've fixed it manually, most of the ppl i could just set their join date one day backwards and the rest i just sat the raidtime, so it works fine now :)

And yes the raidtracker export has the time of the day aswell.