This project is read-only.

Updates in 0.1.4

Feb 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM
If you are interested in seeing some of the changes to in 0.1.4, they're slowly appearing on the demo as developed at http://dnndkp.dyndns.org.

At the moment, new features include...

Cookies storing anonymous user-preferred "rows per page" setting (proof-of-concept for other anonymous user settings like sorting and filtering)
Multi-item updating (think there's some more work we can do here)
New grid locking mechanism when entering and exiting edit modes.
Many new columns
Cleaner default CSS settings

The Raids grid will also be changed to display raids in descending order by raid date as the default sort order.

Currently Instances, Mobs, and Drops have been revamped. Items, Players, Raids, Loots, Rosters, and PlayerDetail will follow in that order.
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:53 AM
I think I've found a bug with updating raids in 1.3. The Attendability of an existing raid may not appear correctly when choosing to update a raid.

It'll be fix in 1.4.
Feb 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM
1.4 is out, enjoy.

Next update should have filtering, but I need some recommendations on how you guys would like to see that working. Be as detailed as possible.

Also looking at sorting, better ways of showing the sort, etc.

I'd like some feedbck on the multiupdate stuff. Is it clear on how to use it, etc.

Compare functions, leaderboard, and tier systems are in the works as well. Honestly though, I think tier is going to be done last. I want to get everything else flushed out and done before trying tiers because tiers is really going to mess with the database.

When the tier system is in place, the "settings" for each module instance will be replaced with one value, the identification of the DKP tier that should be displayed. I envision it as a pretty big change.
Feb 23, 2009 at 3:24 AM
Some folks have asked about the default row setting... it's no longer being used, even if you specify a value. The default row setting is now a variable stored per visitor in their cookies.
Feb 23, 2009 at 3:48 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM
I'm trying to find something to put my finger on, but it's really hard.

Generally i think it's much easier to work with now. The multiupdate is great and very easy to use.
I can't really test the new cookie sort cause i can't get cookies to work on my site. Don't really know why... it won't remember login or anything, i have posted on the DNN forums but they couldn't seem to help me either so i've just given up.

I'm really looking forward to the leaderboard. I have a lot of members telling me that EQDkp is soooo much better cause of the leadeboard, so i'm looking forward to shut them up ;)

I've been thinking about how nice it could be if the system had a quick updater using an addons export string and i'm currently using an addon called RaidTracker for tracking raids.
It has a feature to make an export string to many systems like EQDKP Plus and EQDKP and many others. If you could make a similar tool to add raids using the same export strings it would make the system very dynamic. That way people wouldn't have to use one single addon to extract data but they could use whatever.
Maybe an idea you could look into? I can give you examples on all the export strings if you like.

About filtering i guess you mean the sync players filtering?

Feb 23, 2009 at 7:42 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Cookies is different from the problem you're experiencing. You're actually experiencing the login problem for a different reason and it has to do with your configuration of web.config. There's a timeout value you need to adjust in there, last I checked. Also, there's no cookie storing sort information atm. The only thing tied to cookies is the number of rows to display.

Eventually the cookie will also store sorting and filtering.

Post the web address for the mod that you're using. Unfortunately, there's several different addons that use RaidTracker in their name. I don't think I plan on developing something that will take any format of input string... that would just be too wild. What I could see is a textbox where you would copy/paste the string in, and either a dropdown box or checkmark where you would select from a list of supported addons. We could store that value in a cookie as well so you only had to supply it once.

When I refer to filtering, I mean things like adjusting the grid so it only shows a subset of the data normally displayed. I see that as an easier route than trying to build a qualifier into the sync code, especially if we are able to store filters in a cookie.
Feb 23, 2009 at 8:14 AM
I will take a look at the following things next...

Fixing the attendance issue.
Adding more data to the player page like lifetime attendance and lastlootdate.
Leaderboard.

Several thoughts on the leaderboard...

Most skins for DNN do not provide maximum width displays. Usually they're setup for 1024 or 1280 pixel width. EQDKP Plus uses a much wider setup, so it's able to fit all the classes side by side in the board.

I think to make a leaderboard work in most DNN installs, the leaderboard needs to be 5 classes wide and two rows tall. Probably limiting the leaderboard to display no more than 7 from each class would be good as well. This might still result in a big box sitting above the player grid, so I'd suggest that we provide a way to minimize/maximize the leaderboard and store its state in a cookie.

That way folks can collapse it if they don't want to see it, and can open it if they do.

Thoughts?
Feb 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM
Find this section of your web.config....

<authentication mode="Forms">
      <forms name=".DOTNETNUKE" protection="All" timeout="60000" cookieless="UseCookies" />
    </authentication>

and increase the timeout period. It's in minute, and initially is set to 60, so the "Remember me" is only good for an hour.
Feb 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM
Edited Feb 24, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Here is Raid Trackers page on curse
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ka_raid-tracker.aspx

What i thought about is a dropdown list where you can select which export string you want to use and then paste the string in of your choice.
The idea about this is so it's not limitting the user to use one particular addon. This way the user can choose many different addons.

Your leaderboard sounds perfect :)
Can't think of a better way to make every user happy.