This project is read-only.

A change of pace...

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Edited Mar 31, 2009 at 11:10 AM
This last week has seen a flurry of updates... hope you've liked them. I think the new Tier setup will fend off immediate problems with Ulduar, so I'm breathing a sigh of relief.

I'm probably going to stop working on this project just for a bit to pick up another DNN project dear to my heart. It's an addon for interfacing with Mumble and Murmur. In case you aren't familiar with M&M, it's an open-source "alternative" to TeamSpeak and Ventrilo. I say "alternative" because in all honesty, M&M blows Ventrilo and TeamSpeak away by several generations of software development. If you're truly looking for a free, open-source, quality, cross-platform (Mac, Windows, *nix) VoIP setup with unlimited channels, unlimited seats, and extremely low bandwidth with high quality performance, check Mumble and Murmur out.

I can also help if you're trying to setup the server on Windows. I wrote the install guide for Windows Servers 2003 on the M&M Wiki years ago, but it has since fallen into disarray... imagine that. :p

Anyways, this new DNN module will be like a "show who is online" that you see floating around for TeamSpeak and Ventrilo in PHP environments, except it's for M&M and DNN. :)

Can check out the skeleton setup at http://dotnetnukemumble.codeplex.com/